Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Law School Student's Wife...


I think I have a little taste of what it would be like to be a single mom. Having a husband in law school is pretty much like being a single mom. Today is Wednesday and since Monday I have only seen Stephen for a total of 2 hours. Normally it isn't this crazy but this week in particular is super busy because they have their Trial Advocacy competition and Stephen keeps winning the debates so he moves on to the next round. I feel bad because a part of me wishes he would loose so that he can come home to us. ;)

All in all it isn't too bad. I have gotten used to it. Normally he gets home around 7 and we eat dinner, he chases Savannah around the house, we give the girls baths, tuck them in bed, and then we cuddle on the couch and catch up! Sometimes my days are looooong. It isn't easy to keep a 2 year old entertained inside all day long. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for the summer so we can go on walks, the park, etc. Thank goodness for some great friends who keep me company while we let our kiddos run around and play!!

I am so grateful Stephen is such a hard worker and is so determined. He has so many great qualities. He always does all he can to be home with us and when he is home he makes every minute count!



No comments:

Post a Comment