Thursday, August 18, 2011

Calling all Moms!


SO I need some advice. Savannah used to be such a good sleeper. She would go to bed at 8:00 and would wake up around 5:00 to eat and then would go back to sleep until 8:00 or 9:00. For the last two weeks she has been waking up every 2 hours and just wants to use me as a human pacifier and then goes right back to sleep. I know she isn't very hungry because she doesn't eat long at all. I just don't want to create bad habits of nursing to sleep. I need advice from all you lovely mother's out there. Is this normal that she is waking up so often now? Is it just a phase she is going through?

Thanks! :)

2 comments:

  1. It is probably normal for babies to go through a phase of wakefulness, or a growth spurt when they want to eat more, but they need sleep too, so as hard as it is, maybe don't pick her up sometimes and see if she can soothe herself back to sleep. It is okay for babies to cry, especially if it helps them develop good sleeping habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawyer was just like that! My doctor told me when I took him to his 6 month check up to just let him cry himself back to sleep and he will learn that he didn't need me to fall back asleep and it really worked! It was hard to let him cry but I put him in his own room and didn't go in there for at least 8 hours. Then she said after a couple weeks of that to do 10 hours. Sawyer is a fantastic sleeper now and it is well worth it!

    ReplyDelete