Create your own custom photo books at Shutterfly.com.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
We have been busy doing renovations this spring in our home. One of the biggest projects we took on was building a deck in the backyard. My dad knows all the ins and outs of building a deck so he was able to teach Stephen. While Stephen was busy building the deck with my dad I was busy renovating the kitchen... painting cabinets, new countertops, knobs on doors, and backsplash. (Pictures of kitchen coming soon). The backyard needed some TLC. The previous owner of our home had built a brick pathway in the backyard but it was struggling. The bricks were laid uneven... they were sinking... weeds continued to grow through and it was just a lost cause. We have always wanted a deck with some furniture and of course a grill. Stephen and my Dad spent 7 days building this deck and we LOVE it. Savannah and I play outside constantly and it is so nice to have a seating area to lounge on. We have eaten dinner out there almost every night since and we are loving grilling steaks and chicken on the grill. It is amazing how much a deck adds to the back yard. I will post pictures of the entire deck soon but here is a little sneak peak to wet your taste buds. ;)
Savannah loves shoes. It doesn't matter who's shoes they are... she loves to put them on herself and on others. She found Stephen's shoes in the basket and brought them down stairs. We watched as she struggled to get them on but once she did this girl was all smiles and laughs. We were cracking up and she was loving it. I think she was really proud she did it all by herself. She always makes us laugh... we love her spunky personality.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
When did my little baby grow up? Today when I got Savannah all dressed up for church I couldn't get over how big she looked. She had her pink striped dress on with her bow and pink sandals. She was just walking around the house being independent and I couldn't help but realize how fast she is growing up and how I need to cherish every day I have with her because it happens so fast. Savannah is such a fun girl... she is quite the character.
- She is very independent but loves you being by her side.
- She is so stubborn but so sensitive.
- She has her moments where she will climb up on your lap and lay her head right on your shoulder and cuddle. (I love those moments)
- She is very curious and always wants to discover new things.
- She loves being around other kids... she cracks me up when she squats down, looks up at their face, and says "Hiiii!"
- She LOVES being outside... I mean LOVES.
- She hates being in her stroller... she would much rather be walking around and exploring the world around her.
- She is quite the picky eater. She lives off of cereal, yogurt, fruit, and milk. She won't even eat normal kid food like chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. (Deff hope she grows out of this stage)
- She loves when Daddy comes home. As soon as she hears the garage door open she points to the door and waits patiently for him to walk in. When he opens the door a big grin comes across her face and she runs to give him a big hug!
- She is all over the place at church. Stephen and I are seriously counting down the Sundays until nursery. If you are trying to find us just look out in the halls... one of us will most likely be there chasing her around. haha
- She is such a happy girl.
We love our little Savannah SO much. Can't believe how big she is getting!