Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dresser Makeover!

I had so much fun working on this dresser for Savannah's room.
This is the dresser I had in my room growing up and I only spent $12.00 on supplies to fix it up! :)

Here is the dresser before:
I got this idea from homemadebyjill.blogspot.com and copied and pasted her step by step instructions below:

Here are the supplies you will need:
Measuring tape
Screw driver
Paint brush
Mod Podge (matte-finish)
Decorative paper
Exact-o knife

1. After cleaning your piece of furniture well, remove the old hardware.

2. Measure your drawer fronts

3. Measure and cut your decorative paper to size. I used scrap book paper that I found at Hobby Lobby. It was on sale the day I bought it (bonus!) A high-quality wrapping paper with a nice print would also work well. I had to piece two papers together on each drawer.

4. Using a paint brush, apply a layer of Mod Podge to your drawer fronts. Lay the decorative paper down on the drawer front and smooth out any bubbles. Let it dry completely.

5. Trim any excess paper that may overlap the drawer front using an exact-o knife.

6. Apply two additional coats of Mod Podge to the drawer fronts to seal (let each coat dry completely before re-applying). Be careful of your brush-strokes, since they will show. Avoid leaving any drips.

8. After they are dry attach your new hardware. Put the drawers back in the dresser.

9. Enjoy your new dresser!

Here is the dresser after:



No comments:

Post a Comment