Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's and soon to be Dad's out there. We had so much fun celebrating Father's Day yesterday and I am so grateful for days like that to remember how blessed I am not only to have grown up with a wonderful father but to have a husband who is a wonderful father to Savannah.

First of all, I am so grateful for my dad. I will never forget asking my dad if I could marry him. (Don't worry I was only 4) He was someone that made me laugh, smile, and most of all helped me to feel protected. He showed me how to live the gospel by example and he deff set the bar high for what I would eventually want in a husband. 

Secondly, I am so grateful for the sweet, loving, playful Dad Stephen is to Savannah. She adores him and loves when he comes home from work. I love to see them interact with one another and hear Savannah's laugh as Stephen chases her all around the house. 

Stephen was smitten with this little girl from Day 1...there is something about Daddy/daughter love that is so sweet and genuine. 



On Sunday morning we woke up and Savannah gladly handed Stephen his Father's Day presents that we picked out. She was so cute and would give him lots of hugs and kisses...it is like she knew it was his special day! ;)


We ate Stephen's favorite breakfast, went to church, had a big dinner with my family, and ended with cuddling by the couch. 

Thanks for being such a great husband and father to Savannah Stephen. She is one lucky girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment