Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our sweet Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee was born on September 19th. She wasn’t due until October 31st but she was apparently ready to come 6 weeks early. I started feeling contractions Wednesday around 12:00 that were more painful and crampy than any contractions I had ever felt. I kept blowing them off and took some Nifedepine that the doctors gave me at the hospital to help stop my contractions. I figured once I took the Nifedepine my contractions would slow down but they did the opposite. They continued to get closer and closer together and continued to get more and more intense. By 5:00 I told my mom that I was pretty sure Tammy Lee was on her way and we needed to get to the hospital. I quickly called Stephen and told him to meet us at the Utah Valley hospital. Luckily my amazing cousin Stacey happened to stop by and said she would watch Savannah while we ran to the hospital. I could barely walk to my mom’s car by this time and was in excruciating pain. My contractions were now 1 minute apart and were lasting about 60 seconds long. I barely had time to breath before the next contraction started. At one point I thought I was going to have her in the car… it was pretty scary! 
We got to the hospital, Stephen was waiting at the front door with a wheel chair, and we headed to the 4th floor. Once I got into a room I was 8 cm dilated and sweet T-lee was on her way. My water broke shortly after and I had Tammy Lee 30 minutes later. She was 5 pounds 5 ounces and 18 inches long. I was so nervous about her being healthy because she still had 6 more weeks to grow. The nurses said she was doing great but they have to take any baby under 36 weeks to the NICU right away. Her lungs were fully developed from the steroid shot I got the week before and she was breathing great on her own. I will post an update on the NICU and how she is doing soon. I am so happy she is healthy and doing well. I feel like we have been so blessed in these last couple weeks and I know Heavenly Father is watching over T-Lee. We can’t wait until she is at home with us and we can be a family of 4.









1 comment:

  1. Jen you are so amazing! Wow you are so strong and an inspriation! I hope you are able to bring tammy lee home soon! your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete