Monday, August 4, 2014

Sunday Fun!

We had a wonderful Sunday!
Our church is at 11:00 which is right when Tammy Lee usually goes down for a nap. We often try to get her to take a little nap earlier and then wake her up right before sacrament but lately she hasn't been tired before 11:00. She is the kind of kid who only sleeps in her crib and rarely falls asleep elsewhere. 
Getting an active 22 month old to fall asleep at church feels like you have just won the lottery. All you mom's know what I am talking about. I was so proud of myself. She slept for an hour and 15 minutes and I thought my arm was going to fall off but I didn't dare move in fear that she would wake up.
                                                 
After church we went to a ward members house for dinner (The Kunzler's home). Mhanitta is Tammy Lee's nursery teacher and is so cute with kids. Tammy Lee just loves her and I completely understand why because she is such a kind, loving, and patient person. She is from Thailand and spoiled us with some amazing Thai food. I had never had Thai food before and boy was I missing out. It was to die for!  
 She even painted the girls nails. That is the key to their hearts.

 Tammy Lee gave Mhanitta lots of hugs and kisses. We will miss them when we leave in a couple weeks!
 I can't forget to mention how kind and welcoming John was. Both Savannah and Tammy Lee climbed up on his lap and thought he was pretty great. He played blocks with them and played games with them. We had a great time chatting and getting to know so many kind and welcoming families here in Oregon.


No comments:

Post a Comment