Monday, August 4, 2014

Trying to stay cool...

It has been SO hot in Oregon this week. We are desperately trying to stay cool with no air conditioning. We live on the 3rd floor and in the later afternoon our apt feels like a sauna. We try to get out of the house as much as possible because it feels 10 times better outside then it does inside. Crossing my fingers that the weather is under the 90's this coming week. 
This is going to be a jumbled post of random pictures from our week.

Savannah is 3 1/2 and is full of personality. She is my determined and independent child. She is very adventurous and loves to play. She is also very social and finds a new friend everywhere we go. She likes to tell Tammy Lee what to do and will tell her to go to time out if she does something bad. I have to remind Savannah that I am in charge and she doesn't need to do that. She loves to tell me stories and likes to have my undivided attention. I love hearing about the stories she musters up in that brain of hers. 
She doesn't quite understand the difference between saying she and he. She pretty much calls everyone he's whether its a boy or girl. She also calls grown men little boy's. Her L's sound more like Y's so she pronounces it more like "Yittle boy." The other day we were standing in line at Costco and an older man was smiling at her. She gave him a big smile back and turned to me and said, "Mom, that yittle boy is so nice, he smiled at me." We all got a good laugh.  I am loving watching her grow and learn… she is such a cute girl. 
 Have I mentioned how wonderful our ward is? If we end up moving back her we want to make sure we find a home in this ward. We have met so many wonderful people and done so many fun play dates. We have loved it!
 Isn't my husband handsome!!!? mmm mmm mmm
 We were mentally preparing ourself for an hour of trying every trick in the book to keep two active girls reverent during sacrament. ;)
 Almost every night we go on walks together. We have a little trail right behind our apt complex. Savannah and Tammy Lee have become the cutest friends. I don't know if there is anything better than watching your kids laugh and play together. The other morning I built the girls a fort to play in so I could get some laundry started. They were having so much bringing their toys inside the fort. As they were playing and laughing I heard Savannah say, "Tammy Lee I love you…do you love me?" After a little pause Tammy Lee said, "Yes! I love those moments!

 For Fhe on Monday it was Savannah's turn to pick the treat. She LOVES donuts so of course she picked donuts. Stephen and Savannah went to pick up Krispy Kreme's after our lesson. She brought them home and couldn't wait to show us all what she had got. 
 Behavior Charts work like magic at our house. 
Waking up from a nap can be hard. Sometimes all you need is a good snuggle from your big sis. 
 We enjoy going to the beaverton library each week and always rent some fun books to take home and enjoy.

 Dish duty…. my little helpers! It deff created more of a mess than anything else but they had so much fun washing the dishes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment