Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pre-term labor (Thursday: April 23, 2015)

It has been so nice having Stephen home for a short time now that he has graduated from Law school. We have been busy getting our house ready to sale and today we were outside doing a lot of yard work.  While we were outside, I was playing with the girls and I wasn't feeling too well. My lower back was really hurting and I was having a lot of Braxton contractions. My doctor told me that if I have more than 5 Braxton hicks in an hour to come and get checked to make sure everything is ok. I was having 6 an hour so I decided to go in.
  I was really nervous about going to the hospital in fear of it being the same situation I had with Tammy Lee. After getting to the hospital, they hooked me up to monitors. Hudson was doing great but I was having a lot of contractions. The nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 3 ½. Stephen was home with the girls and my mom came over from work. Right when she got there two nurses came in and the craziness begin. They started to give me shots of terbulatine every 15 minutes. It is suppose to help your uterus relax. Next they gave me a steroid shot in my hip to help Hudson’s lungs develop. They put an iv in my hand to pump me with fluids as well. My doctor said he wanted to watch me for 24 hours but after a couple hours when everything seemed to be doing much better he decided I could go home. He said I needed to take it easy and be on moderate bed rest. Right before I left, the nurse checked my cervix again and I was still a 3 ½. She did a really intense check and it was so painful. I remember getting dressed and not feeling very well again. By the time we got home, I was having cramping contractions and started throwing up. I feel like the last cervix check she gave me caused things to get worse. The contractions were much more intense than the Braxton contractions and the fact that I was throwing up scared me. We ended up going back to the hospital that night and I received more shots of terbulatine and nifedipine. I had such bad back pain it was extremely miserable. I only got a couple hours of sleep that night and was so physically and emotionally exhausted.

34 weeks pregnant



No comments:

Post a Comment